Your membership will provide you with timely updates affecting the Canadian lobbying and public affairs industry, participation in the formulation of policy initiatives and responses to governments, and access to GRIC networking, fundraising and speaking events. The GRIC annual membership fee is a modest $288.75 (plus applicable taxes) per individual with a discounted rate to organizations that choose to sign up more than one employee for GRIC membership. Join or renew today!
Our Progress to Date
Recently GRIC has launched an ambitious series of advocacy and outreach activities on behalf of and benefiting our membership. Highlights included:
- Extensive engagement with the federal Commissioner of Lobbying and her office to address issues and concerns with regard to changes to its Lobbyists’ Code of Conduct. GRIC continues to advocate for rules that are simple to follow, transparent and support an accessible policy environment for Parliamentarians and government officials.
- Cultivation of relationships and support from a range of organizations across Canada, to bolster the advocacy being undertaken by GRIC on these matters.
- Clarification of gifting rules vis-à-vis Designated Public Office Holders with the Commissioner of Lobbying and the Conflicts of Interest and Ethics Commissioner.
- Continuing to represent GRIC members’ interests in representations to the relevant authorities with regards to the amended Lobbyists’ Code of Conduct and related guidance issued by the federal Commissioner of Lobbying.
- Representing GRIC members in discussions and analysis of anticipated changes to the federal Lobbying Act.
- Monitoring and engaging on other policy and regulatory changes regarding provincial and municipal lobbyist registries.
- Building partnerships with other organizations engaged on these matters.
- Ensuring GRIC members are kept apprised of important updates and changes with the potential to affect their day-to-day work as public affairs and lobbying professionals.